What every online business person craves for is to provide great customer experience and service in order to generate satisfaction among their customers. This is because as each and every customer receives satisfaction over the products or services they got from you, there is a great chance that they will become a return customer and buy again and again. Better still, they will also recommend you to their friends that could also generate more business for you and your site.
However, as more traffic is driven to your site, you can entice many of them to subscribe to your mailing list so that it will be easier for you to communicate with them. This is a list whereby a site visitor agree to be sent notification emails such as newsletters, promotional offers and sometimes, contests. Such that could keep them updated about the activities going on in your site. These notification emails are sent to the members of the list in a desired time interval.
Moreover, when you’re using email as the media of your marketing and advertisements, you eliminate the need for high costs advertisements like Radio, Pay-per-click and T.V advertising. Email marketing can also be free in some cases and if you can manage to make your own promotional advertisements you can also save a bundle there.
With an email subscribers list, you are pretty sure that what you are sending out is received, viewed and read by the subscribers and not simply being deleted, this is because they have willingly signed up for the service and have therefore, consented in receiving it.
What this means is that, there will be constant reminders to your subscribers about all your products, new products and services as well as any promotions and special deals you are having. There is also a big chance that they will also forward the emails they received from you to other potential customers as they tell their friends and families about you and your site. But this can only happen if your email is really worth it.
Of course you should also be very cognizant of the fact that a subscriber may unsubscribe when they feel that they are not getting what they want or expected from you. You therefore have to ensure that they are satisfied with your email marketing strategies and keep them excited and more eager to be receiving your newsletters and offers.
Tips that can help you build a list of eager subscribers.
1. Write good and short articles that can arouse curiosity to read more: Put your leg on the shoe of your subscribers, I’m sure you have some people that you opted into their own lists, you know the kind of emails they normally send you, you know the ones that you normally ignore and the ones that normally arouse your curiosity and push you to go over to their sites to read more.
For example, whenever I receive an email from Pat Flynn, I won’t even care to read the email, I will immediately click over to his site to read it all at once, this is because I know he has something good to say.
Therefore, if your subscribers enjoy your newsletters, it is obvious that they will go to your site by clicking the links that you will be putting on your newsletter to read some more. You can provide articles that can connect to many people. Be diverse in your articles. Put something humorous, then put something informational, then put something that has both. That way, your newsletters will be irresistible, isn’t that what you want? I bet.
Are you afraid about this because you don’t like writing? No problem, there are many professional and experienced article writers that can do the job for you at a minimal fee. They know what they are doing and can provide the need that you have for your newsletters, the money that you pay for your articles are going to be met by the many sign-ups and the potential profit from the sales that you will get.
2. Offer your visitors an incentive for signing up to your list: It is obvious that we all like free stuffs especially when it is an interesting and handy one. This can be anything ranging from softwares, ebooks, themes, plugins, etc. Anything that you know can make you to give out your own email if you’re on their shoes.
3. Make your promotional materials interesting and fun: Try to use a little creativity but don’t overdo things. Build around what your product or service is about. For example; if you are a graphic designer, put some pictures of your current works.
4. Always conduct a research on what people are looking for: This will enable you to stay one step ahead of your competitors and you also will be their bearer of new tidings, Haha. They will be eager to receive what you are sending them because they knew you always have fresh and new things to share with them.
5. Create and send an E-book to your customers about anything that is related to your business or site: This is similar to tip 2 above, but the difference here is that they will not need to give you there email before getting the ebook. Use your knowledge and expertise in the field you have chosen to help other people who are similarly interested. Offer this e-book for free.
You can write about anything informational and helpful. For example; you can do manuals and guides in so many things. You can even put together some posts you’ve written before and convert them to pdf. This ebook could be used as a reference for many people.
Share this e-book with everyone, even other sites; just make sure that they don’t change the links in the e-book that will lead people to your site. You can also create a landing page where people will subscribe to your list and then, put the subscription link into the free ebook.
6. Add coupon codes in your newsletters that will help them avail to special discounts: Put a control number in your coupon so that they can only be used once. When people get discounts that can be found in your newsletters, they will be eager to receive your newsletter in anticipation of what you are promoting next. Let’s assume you are an affiliate to a hosting company, you can always get a coupon that will make them purchase through your own link. There are some coupon sites out there that you can always go to and search for available coupons. The one I know is (Fatwallet.com), my friend recently purchased a .com domain for $1.53 using a coupon code from this site.
Finally, if your subscribers can get benefits from your newsletters, they will be very eager to receive them and will also be clicking your promotional links. But it is advisable to build a relationship with them first by providing lots of value. Just don’t flood their inbox with promotional mails every time so that you won’t annoy them which can lead to them unsubscribing.
Now, do you agree to all I said here? Please let’s continue this wonderful discussion in the comment section. Also remember to tweet and share this post with your friends. You never know, they might also be looking for something like this.
Image Source: Freedigitalphotos.net